Autumn at Durlston Partners (Team Update)
Here are some snaps / videos of the last couple of months since we got back from New York!
– Laïla El-Métoui came to DP to talk about Diversity and Inclusion
Laila spoke about a number of important topics including unconscious bias, understanding sexism, racism, privilege and LGBTQA+ allyship in action. An important opportunity for us to reflect on ourselves and gain practical tips and knowledge which will make us more understanding and compassionate to all those around us.
– we partnered up with ProfitView for a C++ and Algorithmic Trading Webinar
– we ran our first work-shop with students of Imperial College London
It was great to run our first CV workshop with Imperial Computing to help support the next generation of Computer Scientists with their careers!
– Shan & Adam ran the London Marathon!
They didn’t start together but somehow managed to find each other 2km from the finish line and finished together. Adam ran an epic 3:48 and Shan was proud of 4:05. They raised £7,151 in the process for Children with Cancer – every day more than 12 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer in the UK. 8 out of 10 young childhood cancer patients can be successfully treated thanks to vital, specialist research the charity helped fund. You can donate directly by clicking here.
– we celebrated the end of Q3 with karaoke
– we celebrated Diwali with Rhythm ‘N’ Bass
There are so many celebrations / dedicated days throughout the year – it would be hard to celebrate them all, but we CAN celebrate those which are important to our DPers! We asked them which days were important to them and Diwali was one of them 🙂 Thank you so much to Rhythm ‘N’ Bass for coming to play!
– we attended the Recruiter Awards!
We didn’t enter the awards this year, but it was lovely to be in a room of people passionate about what they do and focused on innovating to improve the industry!
– Nicole and Freya attended Karren Brady’s Women in Business & Tech Expo
The entire exhibition space was electric, and it was such an incredible opportunity to listen to inspiring talks by industry experts and leaders, as well as to network with fellow women in the space.
– mortgage advisor, Harry Arnold, was back in the office!
It was brilliant having Harry Arnold back in the office to talk all things property purchasing! A number of the DURLSTON PARTNERS team have already used Harry’s services when buying their first home. It was great to see so many juniors in one-on-ones, keen to invest wisely in their futures – with a chunky £££ contribution towards a first property purchase from DP after 3 years of service, we hope to have more DPers on the property ladder in the next few years…
– we went all out for a spooky Halloween!
The ops team did an unbelievable job of making the office spooky this Halloween and organised biscuit decorating, pumpkin carving and spooky treats!
– Durlston Partners FC was born
The team enjoyed a bit of healthy competition last night, and are planning fortnightly fixtures when the weather gets warmer, pitch costs covered by DP.
– we supported the Royal British Legion
We donated to the Royal British Legion, purchasing ridge poppy badges for the team ahead of Remembrance Day! The Royal British Legion provide recovery and rehabilitation support to currently serving and ex-service personnel who are wounded, injured or sick. The same support is also available for those who are experiencing multiple challenges such as being out of work, dealing with mental health problems, financial issues and alcohol abuse. A Poppy is to be worn on the left – close to the heart!
– we welcomed interns Ashwin Anil and Ruairidh Handyside to the team
We give our interns proper work experience, train them, pay them and involve them as we would any new starter!
– the Regent Street Christmas lights went up and we’re starting to feel a little festive at DP (some more reluctantly than others 🎄)
PLUS more lunches, dinners, drinks and team fun!