A chance to work for a 55 Billion AUM Leading Hedge Fund?
My client are looking for a Data Engineer to be part of a recently formed quantitative investment team. The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining functionality across various elements of our cloud-native data platform.
You will have the chance to work closely with the best Quantitative Researchers & Data Scientists who have been headhunted in the market, assisting them in defining data outputs needed for research.
Furthermore, you’ll work closely with a very strong Data Engineer, working across greenfield projects using modern tech.
This is a critical hire for my client. Therefore, they’re looking for the very best talent in the market, which is reflected in the healthy compensation packages they’re offering.
What my client are looking for:
• Experience with Python and SQL
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with cloud–based data warehouse technologies (Databricks, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
• Experience with cluster compute (Spark, Dask, etc.) and schedulers (Airflow, Dagster, Prefect)
• Experience working with data analysts to define data models, publish metrics, and build dashboards
• Highly skilled and analytical problem solver with logical thought processes and quantitative aptitude
• Strong sense of project ownership and a track record of delivering results
Bonus Points for Candidates with:
• Experience in a quantitative trading firm/hedge fund or experience with timeseries/market/alternative
• Interest or experience in analytics engineering (with dbt or other ELT frameworks)
• Experience working with machine learning or NLP data pipelines.
Due to the volume of applicants, successful candidates will be contacted within 2 working days.
Please upload a CV to apply or this role.