DevOps Engineer – Glasgow – Hedge Fund – up to £120k + Bonus
DevOps Engineer – Hedge Fund – Glasgow – Hybrid (3-4 days onsite) – up to £120k + Bonus
Becoming frustrated with the bureaucratic processes of traditional banking?
Spanning across 4 continents and managing in excess of $10 Billion our client is a successful, Systematic and Discretionary hedge fund trading across traditional markets that prioritises efficiency, innovation, and results above all else. They believe in getting things done quickly and effectively, without unnecessary red tape or bureaucracy.
Based out of a newly renovated office in the heart of Glasgow and situated within a new and dynamic platform team our client is looking for a DevOps engineer with a keen interest in managing, maintaining and enhancing distributed systems.
You’ll be responsible for for both the maintenance and build out of new AWS capabilities for the infrastructure behind a critical risk platform, which serves as the foundation for the software and services utilised by front-office and middle-office departments across the funds offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Geneva and Dubai.
- Enhance the service orchestration process to ensure its efficiency
- Devise and develop new monitoring tools for the platform to improve its performance
- Take ownership of the CI tooling for the firm’s software to ensure its stability
- Collaborate with other dev teams to consult on best practices for structuring and deploying services
- Build efficient tools and processes to help the team deploy software more safely and effectively
- 3+ years in a DevOps Engineer or SRE.
- Experience with at least one public cloud provider (ideally, AWS)
- Exposure to some form of containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift).
- Some level of scripting experience in either Python, Bash or Powershell.
- Passion for building and maintaining reliable, scalable, and performant services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, and prioritise work accordingly.
Why work for this firm?
- An opportunity to work for one of Glasgow’s small pool of buyside firms.
- Competitive salary up to £120k + discretionary bonus.
- Work within a brand new function within the firm, with lots of scope for ownership and breaking new ground with cutting edge technology.
- Excellent work/life balance, with 1-2 WFH days per week
- A newly renovated office in the heart of Glasgow, with a fully stocked bar, and a roof terrace with incredible views of the city.
Please upload a CV to apply or this role.