Engineering Manager – Crypto FinTech – Up to £170k base + Stock options – Fully Remote (UK / US)
One of our favourite clients is a leading and well-established FinTech within the Crypto space with significant funding behind them to build a financial system that is open, trusted, and accessible to all.
Consistently listed in numerous publications as one of the top FinTechs to watch out for as well as a ‘Best Place to Work’ they’ve attracted talented Engineers from all the major Big Tech firms and looking to add an exceptional Engineering Manager to join their growing team. They operate in a flat and collaborative structure to reduce red tape
About the role
This is an impactful role across the business where you’ll have decision-making responsibilities on the technical direction of the company including architectural guidance, mentoring and leading other engineers, reviewing new technologies, and leading best practices. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with pioneers outside the company who are also looking at blockchain adoption
A bit more about the roles and responsibilities
- Technical ownership over major components of the codebase once you’ve developed a deep understanding of their technology stack (relevant to your area of the business)
- Guide technical direction across multiple teams, including choices around language/framework and system architecture/infrastructure
- Stakeholder management across the business, communicating across all levels both technical and non-technical individual contributors and senior leaders
- Improve developer experience by adopting tools and best practices that raise productivity for the entire engineering organization
- Owning the team’s output and taking responsibility for your team’s performance
- Ramping up on relevant industry updates and trends, immersing yourself in blockchain technology
- Experience managing a product development focused Engineering team
- Experience building modern systems and services using tools such as Go, Kotlin, AWS & Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills to effectively get ideas and instructions across the business to all levels
- Building high scale/complex distributed systems
- Building scalable APIs, backend and full-stack services
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on – expertise in multiple business and technology domains
- Demonstrated understanding of core engineering concepts and computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, and other key Engineering competencies
- Capable of establishing goals for the technology stack, identifying areas of critical need based on future growth, and developing roadmaps to solve those problems.
- Experienced in mentoring and coaching individual contributors during 1:1s and code reviews to level them up over time
Why you should join this company:
- They care about personal development and offer quarterly allowances for exactly that
- Given they’re fully remote, they offer an allowance to set up your home office – you can of course go into their office if remote work isn’t for you
- Health insurance and family leave
- Unlimited annual leave
I will respond to all successful candidates shortlisted for this opportunity within 48 hours.
Please upload a CV to apply or this role.