A very successful and prominent hedge fund with a passion for technology is looking for a Java developer to join the Front Office Tech team. You will be working on their real–time Risk and P&L application. This is a fast-paced, collaborative and varied role that includes developing new bespoke pre/post-trade analysis tools for individual portfolio managers, extending product coverage, adding new metrics, ingesting market data, scaling out the system, or generally improving stability and performance.
The role involves working directly with portfolio managers and owning the development process from requirements gathering to implementation and testing. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning more about the business.
- Graduated from a Top 25 UK University (or equivalent) in a STEM-based subject.
- Development experience with Python.
- A keen interest in the business/finance side and talking to users directly about their needs
What kind of things you could be working on but not limited to:
- Onboarding new portfolio management teams and building all the tools and processes they require
- Adding or enhancing support for pricing of trading products across all asset classes
- Working and integrating with third-party vendors for research data, market data feeds, pricing libraries, etc.
- Continuously improve and support their existing infrastructure and systems
If you are curious about this opportunity, but not sure if it’s the perfect match, please reach out to me on LinkedIn or via email (email@example.com) and we can have a chat.
We will respond to all successful candidates shortlisted for this opportunity within 3 days and would advise all candidates to follow our company page for all the latest opportunities.
Please upload a CV to apply or this role.