Junior Data Engineer
Data Engineer – Quant Investment Team – Greenfield – Hedge Fund – London – £250k TC
Well established Hedge Fund based in Mayfair is looking to hire an exceptional Data Engineer to join their new Quant Investment Team, a key revenue generating team to design, implement and maintain functionality across various elements of their cloud native data platform. This team will have multiple greenfield tech buildouts on cloud based environments including but not limited to ML, data warehousing, ELT and ETL, containerization, analytics engineering.
You must be a strong Python Developer who is passionate about Data. You will be working closely with Quant Researchers, Data Scientists to build cloud-based, end-to-end Data Pipelines to move data from the central data repo and external datasets to push into various strategies and models. You will also be manipulating data and formatting for ML models, Data Quality checks etc.
- Strong Python and SQL experience
- Cloud based data warehousing tech experience (Databricks, Snowflake, Redshift etc)
- Cluster computing experience (Spark, Dask etc.) and schedulers (Airflow, Dagster, Prefect)
- Solid analytical problem solver with quant aptitude and logical thought processes
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced team
- Analytics engineering exposure (with dbt or other ELT frameworks)
- ML and NLP data pipelines a nice to have
- Experience in a similar firm- quant trading fund working with timeseries / market / alt data a real plus
If you would like to work in this exciting new revenue generating team alongside researchers and data scientists working on greenfield projects then please apply now.
Please upload a CV to apply or this role.