Lead Application Support Engineer
Lead Application Support Engineer (Systematic Trading) – Leading Hedge Fund (London, Hybrid)
A leading multi-strat Hedge Fund is looking for an Application Support Engineer with leadership experience to play a hands-on lead role, providing support for their systematic and quantitative front-office applications.
This role will require a technically confident individual with strong business facing acumen, as the role will have a high level of interaction with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Investment Staff and Application Support leaders.
Candidates will need strong leadership skills and effective communication, as well as taking an interest in leading, mentoring and coaching a team. This is a hands on role, so the successful candidate will still be involved with partnering with investment staff to provide engineering support to systems focused on systematic and quant strategies.
The client is a successful, long-standing Hedge Fund with an excellent reputation, certified a “Great Place To Work” most recently in January 2022.
- Lead an established support team, providing 2nd and 3rd line support for systematic systems.
- Take part in a follow-the-sun model, working appropriately with support teams in corresponding geographies.
- Manage allocation of resources within the team.
- Foster and maintain relationships with business users, including Portfolio Managers and Traders to identify and fix issues, and proactively work on improvements.
- Work with Developers and Quality Assurance to support projects from requirements gathering to roll-out.
- A wealth of front-office Application Support experience, ideally experience within Equities and listed products.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Experience with low-latency or systematic applications.
- Strong technical skills, including Python, SQL, Linux and Powershell.
Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all of the criteria above. We will endeavour to respond to all successful candidates within 5 days and would advise all candidates to follow our company page for the latest opportunities.
Please upload a CV to apply or this role.