Python Developer – Systematic Hedge fund – Up to £130k base + Bonus
A fully systematic hedge fund with over $1.5B in assets under management, who put technology at the heart of everything they do and is looking to add to a highly impressive team of technologists.
As a result of the firm focus on optimization, its technology team is the largest within the firm covering every aspect of the trading operations. Sitting alongside, Quants, treader, CEO and CTO this firm operates a flat inclusive structure where everyone has a voice to impact the decision.
Successful candidates will be asked to contribute to all aspects of software development. The systems in place, which are almost all proprietary, cover a broad scope of problems and tasks across research, trading, operations and marketing, including internal tooling, data ingestion, signal generation, portfolio construction and optimisation, automated order flow, interaction with third parties, internal GUI.
The codebase is predominantly written in Python, heavily relying on pandas, NumPy, SQLAlchemy (with PostgreSQL) and internal utilities and frameworks
- 2+ years of commercial or open-source Python development, with a deep knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, computer architecture, network, OS etc.)
- Experience working with a compile-based language (C++, Java, C# etc)
- Knowledge of Linux, shell scripting and basic server administration
- SQL and database design, working with timeseries; ideally PostgreSQL.
- Numerate university degree: Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, etc.
- Financial markets experience
- Experience with Web-based GUIs and HTTP services
Unfortunately, our client does not currently provide sponsorship for individuals without the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We will respond to all successful candidates shortlisted for this opportunity within 2 days and would advise all candidates to follow our LinkedIn company page for all the latest opportunities.
Please upload a CV to apply or this role.