Data Engineer – Crypto – Up to £150k (DOE) + Bonus – Hybrid Our client is an innovative research and technology firm aiming to establish itself as a prominent player in the realm of digital assets. Operating as a globally distributed and decentralized team, the company maintains physical offices in Switzerland, London, and NYC. The […]
Data Engineer – Crypto – Up to £150k (DOE) + Bonus – Hybrid
Our client is an innovative research and technology firm aiming to establish itself as a prominent player in the realm of digital assets. Operating as a globally distributed and decentralized team, the company maintains physical offices in Switzerland, London, and NYC. The team is composed of experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds encompassing Crypto, Quantitative Finance, Technology, and Financial sectors. Bound together by a mutual passion for cooperative ideation, continuous learning, and inventive issue resolution, they are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of digital asset solutions.
About the role:
This role wields considerable influence, presenting the chance to make significant contributions to the advancement and oversight of the data engineering platform. The ideal candidate should possess strong technical prowess along with a proven ability to seamlessly collaborate with quantitative researchers, ensuring the streamlined processing, analysis, and management of an extensive and varied array of datasets that drive the quantitative investment process.
- Working closely with QRs to comprehend their precise data prerequisites and devising technical remedies that harmoniously mesh with quantitative strategies.
- Conceiving, producing, and refining resilient data pipelines that expedite ETL processes, bolstering quantitative research, analysis, alpha prediction, and execution.
- Instituting meticulous data quality assurance protocols to uphold the precision, dependability, and uniformity of data inputs and outputs.
- Assessing, selecting, and overseeing appropriate data engineering tools, technologies, and infrastructure, with an emphasis on scalability and automation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ involvement in data engineering within a quantitative hedge fund setting.
- A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or a related discipline from a prestigious global institution.
- Competence in programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++.
- Hands-on familiarity with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or analogous frameworks, as well as a robust command of SQL and relational databases.
- Capability to conceptualize and enhance data pipelines, data modelling, ETL processes, data warehousing, and data governance.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities, including the adeptness to collaborate effectively with quantitative researchers and other stakeholders, translating their prerequisites into efficacious technical solutions.
Due to the high calibre of hire the client is looking for, only candidates with hands on experience in the above requirements will be considered. If you would like to be considered for any of our other available opportunities, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The crypto business of a major trading firm is looking to add an experienced Python Web Developer to their team. They joined the crypto space early on, and have become a global leader in the crypto space, whilst utilising the resources provided by being part of a major trading firm. You’ll get the opportunity to […]
The crypto business of a major trading firm is looking to add an experienced Python Web Developer to their team. They joined the crypto space early on, and have become a global leader in the crypto space, whilst utilising the resources provided by being part of a major trading firm.
You’ll get the opportunity to work on development of greenfield web applications to support such a major trading operation, based off the requirements of Traders, Researchers, and Portfolio Managers.
The team have offices across the globe, allowing the system to run 24/7, and these applications that you develop will have a direct impact onto the abilities of the trading team, meaning you’ll be able to easily see the impact you make on the business.
- Develop critical applications used by traders, researchers and portfolio managers in 24/7 trading.
- Build UIs and backend processes to support Developers and Traders
- Develop well-tested, reliable systems using solid backend coding practices
- Work across a variety of technologies, including Python, Typescript, React, and Redux
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and decide what tools will most impact trading.
- Generate your own ideas about new features or products, and own the implementation of significant pieces of infrastructure.
- BSc minimum in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent subject
- 4+ years of experience with software engineering
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and best practices.
- Highly experienced in Python and at least one web framework (Flask, Django, Pyramid, FastAPI).
CRYPTO/FINANCE EXPERIENCE NOT NEEDED
Up to GBP £180k base + bonus (differs for NY/CHI candidates)
3 days WFH
To find out more about this role or to apply, get in contact with me at:
Referrals are well rewarded with cash upon placement
Discreet yet highly successful high-frequency trading firm based in Dubai, is currently looking to hire Low-Latency C++ Developers.
Our client, a discreet yet highly successful high-frequency trading firm based in Dubai, is currently looking to hire C++ Developers (from Junior to Team Lead) to work on the firm’s cutting-edge low and ultra-low latency trading platform. In this role, you will be at the forefront of the trading industry, tackling some of the most thrilling challenges in low latency development. The ideal candidate will have an insatiable appetite for code and performance optimization combined with a deep understanding of code and robust problem-solving abilities.
- Develop and maintain high-quality C++ code
- Work closely with the team to conceptualize, develop, test, and roll out improvements to their state-of-the-art low and ultra-low latency trading platform
- Write a substantial amount of asynchronous, template, network, and thread-safety code
- Determine system needs and limitations
- Lead and mentor a team of developers (if Lead position)
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and C++
- Ability to succeed in remote/hybrid teams
- Proficiency in low latency/real-time development with sub-microsecond latency
- Comprehensive knowledge of Linux system internals and networking
Why join them?
- Operate on a remote first basis, with beautiful offices in Dubai
- Flexible working
- 40 days off per year
- Work with state-of-the-art hardware and technology
We will respond to all successful candidates shortlisted for this opportunity within 2 days and would advise all candidates to follow our LinkedIn company page for all the latest opportunities.